Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gay or Lesbian at Teen Mania Ministries?

Are you an individual that is LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning) and has been involved with Teen Mania Ministries? If so, I'd like to hear from you! I know there are a lot of LGBTQ kids out there who have had contact with Teen Mania at some point in their lives, and I am very interested in hearing your stories. All e-mail communications are private, and I would never publish any details of your story without your express permission. If you do want to share your story, I can help you do that completely anonymously through this blog....but again, only if you want and only with your express permission first.

I was a gay teenager who involved with Teen Mania Ministries, and was really hurt by them. Ten years later, I have been able to find some healing and acceptance in my life. But it was a long journey, and I know it's hard. So, if you've been to Acquire The Fire and heard confusing things about gay people...or if someone from Teen Mania said things about being a lesbian that hurt you...or if you just want to talk to someone else who might be able to understand your experience...shoot me a message. I'd love to talk to you. You can send a completely private e-mail to: teenmaniawatch at gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment